120 years. That’s how long Strayer University has been successfully educating working adults. Through the years we've grown to become a well-respected national university with more than 100,000 graduates. Today Strayer students benefit from high-demand programs in the fastest-growing fields that include Business, Technology, and Education. In addition to these programs, skillful faculty members and academic excellence help students set the stage for career advancement.
At Strayer University, we exist for a single, driving purpose: to help working adults earn their college degrees and advance their lives.
Whether it’s your bachelor’s degree or your master’s, our goal is to provide an education that fits into your life, and help you earn a degree for less time and money than you think.
What we take great pride in:
Our academic quality – We’re an accredited university. We have an esteemed faculty. Our courses are challenging. All that adds up to a degree that’s valuable.
An accessible education – On campus, online, or a little bit of both. We provide educational opportunities that work with your schedule and fit into your life.
A supportive environment – Everyone needs a pep talk from time-to-time. Or a little help after class. Or some assistance picking out the right classes. We’re here for all of that and more. Bottom line: student support leads to student success.
Strayer University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. 267-284-5000), which is one of the six regional accrediting bodies in the United States. The Commission is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. http://www.msche.org
Strayer University's Timeline
- Dr. S. Irving Strayer founded Strayer's Business College in 1892 in Baltimore, Maryland. In 1904, we established our second campus in Washington, D.C.
- Strayer College was licensed to grant Bachelor of Science degrees in 1969.
- We were accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and opened our first campus in Virginia in 1981.
- In 1987, we were authorized to award master’s degrees.
- 1996 was a landmark year – we started offering classes online.
- We've been known as Strayer Business School, Strayer Junior College, and Strayer College. Upon earning university status in 1998, we became Strayer University.
- In 2011, we acquired the Jack Welch Management Institute, and we now offer an Executive MBA program that is endorsed and spearheaded by the legendary CEO himself.