Bachelor of Business Administration - Arkansas
Learn the Essentials of Business and Banking
Strayer University’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program with Banking concentration* will help you build a foundation of knowledge in management theory and practice across a broad set of business functions and core competencies. Your online classes and on-campus coursework enables you to develop competencies applicable to commercial and retail banks, credit card companies, insurance firms, or consumer finance organizations.
With a Banking concentration you will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the role and operations of financial institutions
- Understand the dynamics of the financial services industry
- Learn about the impact of regulations and macro-economic policy on the financial sector
Key Learning Outcomes
- Explore the operating philosophy, functions, and organization of community-based banking in contemporary America; explain the Uniform Commercial Code and specific regulatory and legal statutes that govern a bank’s relationship with individual customers.
- Explain the principles and practices underlying consumer and commercial lending, investing, and creating of trusts.
- Describe mechanisms the banking industry has devised to move deposits from both individual clients and the Federal Reserve branches through the document-clearing cycle.
- Apply relevant management, marketing, and accounting principles to the analysis and solution of problems in banking, finance, and financial services.
- Analyze macro-economic theory and business cycles to explain the factors that drive interest rates, investment decisions, and related bank operations.