Bachelor of Business Administration
Learn the Fundamentals of Business and Finance
Strayer University’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program with Finance concentration* will help you build a foundation of knowledge in management theory and practice across a broad set of business functions and core competencies. Strayer’s online classes and on-campus coursework prepares you for roles typically found in finance departments of organizations, or at financial services firms, such as banks, insurance companies, and brokerage houses. The BBA with in-depth finance courses is also a good foundation for a career as a personal financial planner.
With a Finance concentration you will:
- Get acquainted with the tools and techniques for effective corporate financial management
- Hone your ability to analyze and evaluate financial performance and investment strategies
- Increase your aptitudes in budgeting, preparing financial reports, and securing capital.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Analyze financial statement data to assess liquidity, asset utilization, debt management, profitability, and rewards of ownership; estimate fund requirements for an enterprise.
- Explain the structure and functioning of financial markets.
- Differentiate between the risks, costs, and availability of various methods used to acquire short-term and long-term funds.
- Measure the risk and return associated with various asset alternatives, and choose between competing investment options.
- Describe the regulatory environment in which financial managers must operate.