Bachelor of Business Administration
Management Information Systems
Expand Your Career with a Business Degree in Management Information Systems
Strayer University’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program with Management Information Systems concentration* will help you build a foundation of knowledge in management theory and practice across a broad set of business functions and core competencies. Our online classes and on-campus coursework is applicable to information systems/technology departments, projects, teams, and vendors, and you will learn cross-functional (IT/operations) management, solution deployment, system strategy, security, and procurement.
With a Management Information Systems concentration you will:
- Dial in on the technical, managerial, and policy issues surrounding the construction and support of computer-bases systems—exploring the relationship between technical needs and business requirements
- Learn to design networks, databases, and security systems for effective resource management in the global and competitive environments.
*Graduates of the BBA program may apply all the credits earned toward a Master of Business Administration at Strayer University.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Apply technical knowledge to applicable information systems management and policy issues.
- Identify and formulate a technical solution to effectively support business operations in a variety of environments.
- Develop technical solutions for real-world problems.
- Create information systems security and systems development lifecycle plans around technical requirements.
- CIS 109-Introduction to Management Information Systems
- CIS 111-Introduction to Relational Database ManagementSystems
- CIS 175-Introduction to Networking
- CIS 210-Systems Analysis and Development
- CIS 333-Networking Security Fundamentals