Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
Computer Forensics Management
Advance with an Information Systems Degree with Computer Forensics Management
A Strayer University’s Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (BSIS) with Computer Forensics Management concentration will give you the foundation to manage day-to-day technical operations and to deploy forward-looking technologies effectively. Online classes and on-campus coursework provides preparation for roles such as Information Technology or Information Systems Manager/Director, Data Processing Manager, MIS Director, Computing Services Director, Director of Application Development, or Technical Services Manager.
With a Computer Forensics Management concentration you will:
- Master the ability to process and report on digital computer evidence from a crime scene or in connection with a computer forensics investigation—in the public or private sector
- Focus on the managerial aspects of the field, including policy, practice, planning, risk management, response, and examination
Key Learning Outcomes
- Design a security policy framework and disaster recovery plan for an organization.
- Identify the role of computer forensics in responding to crimes and solving business challenges.
- Develop a computer forensics deployment plan that addresses and solves a proposed business problem.
- Analyze how security policies help mitigate risks and support business processes in various domains in the information technology (IT) infrastructure.
- Summarize the ethical components and basic requirements for creating a security policy framework.
- Compare and contrast the various types of computer crime.
- Evaluate and explain the various methods of computer forensics and evidentiary gathering techniques.
- CIS 359-Disaster Recovery Management
- CIS 417-Computer Forensics
- CIS 462-Security Strategy and Policy
- SEC 405-Computer Crime Investigation
Program LengthStrayer University students are mostly working adults who earn their degrees at their own pace and on their own schedule. Most students attend part-time, and the normal time to complete this program is 6 years.
On-Time Graduation Rate76% of our students who graduated from this program between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012, did so within 6 years.
Program CostsCost information for Strayer University programs is available at www.strayer.edu/tuition-and-fees. The tuition and fees for the entire program, at current part-time tuition rates, are $72,400, and at current full-time tuition rates, are $69,000. The tuition and fees for the entire program for all Tennessee students are $72,400. The total estimated cost for books and supplies for the entire program is $6,000. Strayer University does not offer on-campus housing.
Median Loan DebtFor all students completing this program between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012, the median cumulative loan debt for each of the following are:
- Federal student loans: $22,400
- Private loans: $0
- Institutional finance loans: $0
Occupations for this program
The following U.S. Department of Labor Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Codes and occupational titles are disclosed pursuant to U.S. Department of Education regulations, and correspond to the U.S. Department of Education Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Code for this program.
|Title||O*Net Link||SOC Code|
|Business Intelligence Analysts||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.08||15-1199.08|
|Computer and Information Research Scientists||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1111.00||15-1111.00|
|Computer and Information Systems Managers||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/11-3021.00||11-3021.00|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/25-1021.00||25-1021.00|
|Data Warehousing Specialists||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.07||15-1199.07|
|Document Management Specialists||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.12||15-1199.12|
|Geographic Information Systems Technicians||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.05||15-1199.05|
|Geospatial Information Scientists and Technologists||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.04||15-1199.04|
|Search Marketing Strategists||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.10||15-1199.10|
|Software Developers, Systems Software||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1133.00||15-1133.00|
|Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.01||15-1199.01|