Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
Enterprise Data Management
Advance with an Information Systems Degree with Enterprise Data Management
A Strayer University Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (BSIS) with Enterprise Data Management concentration will give you the foundation to manage day-to-day technical operations and to deploy forward-looking technologies effectively. Online classes and on-campus coursework is applicable for students interested in positions requiring administration of databases in a variety of organizational environments.
With an Enterprise Data Management concentration you will:
- Build your mastery of core database and ancillary technologies
- Focus on complex tools and processes, such as database decision support, business intelligence, and data warehousing and enterprise resource planning systems
- Hone skills in database software installation and maintenance, as well as backup, recovery, archiving, and analysis
Key Learning Outcomes
- Describe decision support systems (DSS) in the context of managerial decision-making.
- Use data mining visualization and heuristic options in discovery and decision support processes.
- Describe DSS software packages and their application into organizational practice.
- Explain the application of business analytics and data mining in Business Intelligence (BI).
- Develop ERP, data warehousing and decision support methods to solve proposed business problems.
- Compare and contrast on-line transaction processing (OLTP) with online analytic processing (OLAP).
- CIS 356-Decision Support and Business Intelligence
- CIS 429-Data Warehouse Planning
- CIS 443-Agile Project Management
- CIS 446-Enterprise Resource Planning Systems