Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
Enterprise Data Management
Advance with an Information Systems Degree with Enterprise Data Management
A Strayer University Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (BSIS) with Enterprise Data Management concentration will give you the foundation to manage day-to-day technical operations and to deploy forward-looking technologies effectively. Online classes and on-campus coursework is applicable for students interested in positions requiring administration of databases in a variety of organizational environments.
With an Enterprise Data Management concentration you will:
- Build your mastery of core database and ancillary technologies
- Focus on complex tools and processes, such as database decision support, business intelligence, and data warehousing and enterprise resource planning systems
- Hone skills in database software installation and maintenance, as well as backup, recovery, archiving, and analysis
Key Learning Outcomes
- Describe decision support systems (DSS) in the context of managerial decision-making.
- Use data mining visualization and heuristic options in discovery and decision support processes.
- Describe DSS software packages and their application into organizational practice.
- Explain the application of business analytics and data mining in Business Intelligence (BI).
- Develop ERP, data warehousing and decision support methods to solve proposed business problems.
- Compare and contrast on-line transaction processing (OLTP) with online analytic processing (OLAP).
- CIS 356-Decision Support and Business Intelligence
- CIS 429-Data Warehouse Planning
- CIS 443-Agile Project Management
- CIS 446-Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
Program LengthStrayer University students are mostly working adults who earn their degrees at their own pace and on their own schedule. Most students attend part-time, and the normal time to complete this program is 6 years.
On-Time Graduation Rate76% of our students who graduated from this program between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012, did so within 6 years.
Program CostsCost information for Strayer University programs is available at www.strayer.edu/tuition-and-fees. The tuition and fees for the entire program at current rates are $58,200 for both full-time and part-time students. Tuition rates apply to all new and readmit undergraduate students enrolling for Winter 2014 and future quarters. Rates also apply to undergraduate students who enrolled in the Fall 2013 Graduation Fund Plus Program at participating campuses in Virginia and Texas. For all other students enrolled prior to Winter 2014, please visit www.strayer.edu/tuition-and-fees for undergraduate tuition rates. The total estimated cost for books and supplies for the entire program is $6,000. Strayer University does not offer on-campus housing.
Tuition rates apply to all new and readmit undergraduate students enrolling for Winter 2014 and future quarters. Rates also apply to undergraduate students who enrolled in the Fall 2013 Graduation Fund Plus Program at participating campuses in Virginia and Texas. For all other students enrolled prior to Winter 2014, please click here for undergraduate tuition rates.
Median Loan DebtFor all students completing this program between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012, the median cumulative loan debt for each of the following are:
- Federal student loans: $22,400
- Private loans: $0
- Institutional finance loans: $0
Occupations for this program
The following U.S. Department of Labor Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Codes and occupational titles are disclosed pursuant to U.S. Department of Education regulations, and correspond to the U.S. Department of Education Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Code for this program.
|Title||O*Net Link||SOC Code|
|Business Intelligence Analysts||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.08||15-1199.08|
|Computer and Information Research Scientists||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1111.00||15-1111.00|
|Computer and Information Systems Managers||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/11-3021.00||11-3021.00|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/25-1021.00||25-1021.00|
|Data Warehousing Specialists||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.07||15-1199.07|
|Document Management Specialists||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.12||15-1199.12|
|Geographic Information Systems Technicians||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.05||15-1199.05|
|Geospatial Information Scientists and Technologists||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.04||15-1199.04|
|Search Marketing Strategists||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.10||15-1199.10|
|Software Developers, Systems Software||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1133.00||15-1133.00|
|Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers||http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.01||15-1199.01|