Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
Software Engineering Management
Advance with an Information Systems Degree with Software Engineering Management
A Strayer University Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (BSIS) with Software Engineering Management concentration will give you the foundation to manage day-to-day technical operations and to deploy forward-looking technologies effectively. Online classes and on-campus coursework provides preparation for students interested in roles such as Information Technology Manager, Information Technology Director, Information Systems Director, Data Processing Manager, MIS Director, Information Systems Manager, Information Systems Supervisor, Computing Services Director, Director of Application Development, and Web Development Manager.
With a Software Engineering Management concentration you will:
- Hone your ability to apply software engineering practice and theory to address real world business opportunities and challenges
- Gain the competencies needed to develop and manage contemporary information systems and support software and web development environments
Key Learning Outcomes
- Create a business requirements document and develop system models that conform to the Unified Modeling Language standard.
- Explain and apply object-oriented analysis techniques as well as the steps of eliciting, analyzing, documenting and testing requirements.
- Evaluate the issues and challenges associated with software engineering.
- Discuss the process of discovering and documenting software requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and develop a system process model to address and solve a proposed business problem.
- Compare and contrast the various testing approaches to software engineering.
- Describe software engineering practice for distributed systems and demonstrate the ability to execute verification and validation techniques.
- Analyze the phases of the Agile Delivery Framework.
- CIS 353-Project Requirements and Design
- CIS 421-Software Engineering
- CIS 433-Software Architecture Techniques
- CIS 443-Agile Project Management