Master of Science in Accounting
Increase the Sum Total of Your Knowledge with a Masters Degree in Accounting
Strayer Universitys Master in Accounting provides great insight into the business world and provides you with important flexibility within all realms of corporate life. With a Master of Science in Accounting (MSAC) degree, you can embark upon a new adventure in your career.
Refine your knowledge of advanced accounting concepts and practices, including managerial accounting and auditing, financial reporting, cash and resource planning, analysis and decision-making, taxation, and systems and internal control management.
Coursework prepares graduates for positions such as Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Financial Accounting and Reporting Manager, and Accounting Manager. Also provides preparation* for the CPA and CMA exams.
*Does not by itself meet the requirements to obtain licensure for CPA or CMA; check with your state board of accountancy for specific requirements.
Key learning objectives
Upon successful completion of the MSAC-Corporate Accounting program, students should be able to:
- Apply accounting standards to business transactions and financial reporting requirements.
- Explain a companys standard costs, variances, cost allocations, relevant information for decision making, and capital budgeting techniques.
- Apply the Statements on Auditing Standards.
- Analyze and explain the standard setting process, accounting research, and the major problem areas of financial accounting.
- Apply inductive, deductive and capital market approaches to asset valuation.
- Analyze the requirements for financial reporting disclosures and relevant information to investors and creditors.
- Apply taxation regulations to corporate entities.
- ACC 563-Advanced Accounting Theory
- ACC 565-Organizational Tax Research and Planning
- ACC 573-Financial Reporting and Analysis