Master of Science in Accounting
Our Master of Science in Accounting (MSAC) program will allow you to develop the competencies needed to excel as a professional accountant in any industry – corporate, government, nonprofit, and beyond. You'll apply a broad set of U.S. and international accounting principles, theoretical concepts, modern quantitative methods, and investigate emerging trends. In the process, you will gain much of the practical knowledge necessary to pursue certification in public accounting (CPA) and management accounting (CMA).
Key Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of the MSAC program, students should be able to:
- Accounting Management: Apply theoretical constructs related to accounting practices and explain the resulting impact on domestic and global business operations.
- Business Concepts: Demonstrate an understanding of business concepts within an organization to analyze, plan, and implement the information requirements of an organization.
- Economic Concepts: Apply relevant economic theory to business problems and develop general principles that can be applied to the business decision-making process.
- Analysis: Demonstrate the ability to analyze accounting and finance information and systems, comprehend its value, uses, and limitations, and communicate the information effectively to upper level management.
- Decision Making: Prepare, analyze and interpret internal managerial accounting data and reports to make relevant business decisions.
- Ethics: Develop ethical decision-making abilities that support business practices, policies, procedures, and integrity within an organization.
- Communication: Effectively use communication skills in a business environment to convey accounting policies, practices, and procedures throughout the organization.
- Technology: Use technology to apply and research accounting concepts.
Accountants are in high demand. Increase your professional net worth, and advance in a challenging and stimulating career.
Accounting is a broad, exciting, and constantly evolving field. Our MSAC curriculum offers a choice of five concentrations, allowing you to tailor your degree to your career goals and interests.
|Corporate Accounting||Public Accounting|