Master of Science in Accounting
Increase the Sum Total of Your Knowledge with a Masters Degree in Accounting
Strayer Universitys Master in Accounting with Forensic Accounting concentration provides great insight into the business world and provides you with important flexibility within all realms of corporate life. With a Master of Science in Accounting (MSAC) degree, you can embark upon a new adventure in your career.
Analyze key knowledge areas critical to effective forensic accounting functions, including understanding the risk environment and managing responsibility in the control environment. Learn to perform fraud audits, as well as how to prevent and detect fraud.
Coursework equips you to hold positions such as forensic accountant, government accountant, independent or internal auditor, investigator, or expert witness. Also provides preparation* for the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) exam.
*Does not by itself meet the requirements to obtain licensure for CFE. Check with your state board of accountancy for specific requirements.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Analyze the knowledge and skills required for a forensic accounting expert.
- Apply key forensic accounting concepts such as risk assessment within an organizational environment.
- Apply tools and techniques used in fraud detection and prevention.
- ACC 571-Forensic Accounting
- ACC 574-Emerging Auditing Technologies
- ACC 578-Fraud Prevention and Detection