Master of Science in Information Assurance
Be on the forefront of emerging security technology and learn in the cloud-based environment used by top companies.
Consider a Strayer University Master of Science in Information Assurance (MSIA) degree for an exciting future in the information security sector. In an ever more connected global economy with vast growth and pressures, professionals with cyber security training are in increasingly high demand. Professionals with an MSIA are often called upon to assess, protect and recommend safeguard solutions for an organization's information assets and be able to capitalize on those skills in almost any industry or any business.
At Strayer University, students in the Master of Science in Information Assurance program learn theoretical, practical, and strategic skills with demanding coursework that teaches them a broad range of management skills and technology industry standards – all shaped and taught by IT industry experts, consultants and leaders. In this graduate degree, students will focus on information security best practices, explore advanced technology concepts, and learn technical leadership strategies in preventing and protecting organizational assets from cyber-attacks.
Well-trained information security professionals with a master’s degree have the flexibility to move into hybrid management roles, where they’ll be asked to use their expertise in emerging technology to reform and adapt company operations. Strayer graduates will benefit from real world information assurance case studies and innovative technologies with exposure to cloud-based environments and live lab settings. Our courses use the highly-regarded Toolwire™ live labs with anytime-anywhere access that will fully prepare you for the workforce through hands-on experience.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Build a bridge to career advancement as you build the skills to assess information security risks and develop solutions that safeguard information assets and enterprise information technology infrastructures.
- Design and deploy information assurance solutions to protect organizational assets while enhancing its performance.
- Analyze and identify organizational security vulnerabilities with corresponding information assurance solutions.
- Design and develop effective information assurance plans within the user environment.
- Develop and apply management and leadership skills in support of information assurance operations.
- Evaluate and justify information assurance solutions that satisfy organizational needs.
- Analyze the impact of computing security and information assurance solutions on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Apply critical analysis of data and research skills that mitigate organizational vulnerabilities created by network and Internet intrusions.
- Develop effective communication plans (using lab or graphic representations) to a wide range of audiences.
- Justify and support the professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities of securing data and infrastructure.
|Information for Tennessee Online Students|