Master of Science in Information Systems - Ohio
Secure an Advanced Degree in Information Systems with Network Management
Consider a Strayer University Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) degree with Enterprise Network Management concentration for an exciting future. In today’s global, interconnected economy, information systems professionals are in high demand.
- Gain leadership skills and technical knowledge to design, manage, and evaluate networked systems.
- Understand how to create and implement elements in the structure and design of contemporary technology settings.
- Focus on building your abilities in critical analysis and ethics, with a technical focus on analysis, communication, and competence.
Our online classes and on-campus coursework provides preparation for students interested in roles such as Information Technology or Information Systems Manager/Director, Data Processing Manager, MIS Director, Computing Services Director, Director of Application Development, or Technical Services Manager.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Analyze the structure and model of cellular networks.
- Develop a wireless deployment plan to address and solve a proposed business problem.
- Design a systematic network topology and architecture plan in accordance with network design steps.
- Evaluate existing Internet work in terms of its infrastructure, logical structure, physical structure, addressing and naming, wiring and media, architectural and environmental constraints, and health.
- Evaluate the flow, load, behavior, and Quality of Service (QoS) requirements of network traffic.
- Compare and contrast the selection of switching and routing protocols to include interior versus exterior protocols, RIP, RIP2, EIGRP, OSPR, and BGP.
- Create a network security plan inclusive of identifying and analyzing network assets, security risks, security requirements, and security policy.
- Develop network management strategies to include resource monitoring, data collection and interpretation.
- Describe optimal network design for critical business applications to include effective use of bandwidth and satisfying Quality of Service (QoS) requirements.
- Develop a cloud-based solution to address a proposed business problem.
- CIS 505-Communication Technologies
- CIS 513-Wireless Computing
- CIS 516-Enterprise Network Management