Master of Science in Information Systems
Information Systems Management
Secure an IS Degree with Information Systems Management
Consider a Strayer University Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) degree with Information Systems Management concentration for an exciting future. In today’s global, interconnected economy, information systems professionals are in high demand.
- Become a strong manager and decision maker in the technology domain.
- Develop key skill sets, such as risk identification, management, and mitigation; disaster recovery planning; auditing; and computer incident response team creation.
Appropriate for students with leadership aspirations with minimal technology experience, as well as those with a technology background who wish to broaden their analytic, leadership and technical abilities.
Our online classes and on-campus coursework provides preparation for students interested in roles such as Information Technology or Information Systems Manager/Director, Data Processing Manager, MIS Director, Computing Services Director, Director of Application Development, or Technical Services Manager.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Describe the components of an effective organizational risk management program.
- Describe techniques for identifying relevant threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits.
- Describe concepts for implementing risk mitigation throughout an organization.
- Create a business continuity plan (BCP) based on the findings of a given risk assessment for an organization.
- Create a disaster recovery plan (DRP) based on the findings of a given risk assessment for an organization.
- Create a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) plan for an organization in a given scenario.
- Describe and apply the Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT) framework to perform IT Audits.
- Describe information technology general controls based on the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices.
- Describe the Internal Standards Organization (ISO) standards that apply to information technology standards.
- Describe and create an information technology disaster recovery plan.
- CIS 525-Advanced Agile Project Management
- CIS 527-IT Risk Management
- CIS 558-Information Technology Audit and Control