Master of Science in Information Systems
Software Engineering Management
Master Software Engineering Management with an Advanced Degree in Information Systems
Consider a Strayer University Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) degree with Software Engineering Management concentration for an exciting future. In today’s global, interconnected economy, information systems professionals are in high demand.
- Develop the foundational knowledge and technical skills you need to design and build software systems.
- Learn to apply requirements engineering (RE) techniques through contemporary practice and tools.
- Master a structural view of the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Focus on a broad range of capabilities, including creating project and software engineering plans, analyzing reports, applying RE techniques and systematic modeling techniques.
Our online classes and on-campus coursework provides preparation for students interested in roles such as Information Technology or Information Systems Manager/Director, Data Processing Manager, MIS Director, Computing Services Director, Director of Application Development, or Technical Services Manager.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Develop project plans and schedules that satisfy user requirements.
- Develop procedures to deliver and maintain the systems to include change management activities.
- Develop a software engineering plan to address and solve a proposed business problem.
- Explain the methods of creating, measuring and controlling work products and work processes.
- Explain and analyze Earned Value Reporting in software projects.
- Describe and apply requirements engineering (RE) techniques through contemporary practice and tools.
- Describe the techniques and develop a requirements specification document that solves a proposed business problem.
- Develop systematic modeling techniques that satisfy functional nonfunctional requirements.
- Develop a structural view of systems with the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- CIS 518-Advanced Software Engineering
- CIS 554-IT Project Leadership Strategies
- CIS 555-Requirements Engineering