Master of Business Administration
Master the Intricacies of Accounting and Business in One Degree
Strayer University’s Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) program with Accounting concentration provides you with knowledge and tools for success in today’s ever-changing, global marketplace.
MBA degree holders are some of the most marketable people in the business world—and the highest paid.
With the Accounting concentration, you will:
- Understand how to evaluate the performance of a small business, department, or operation
- Gain significant knowledge of accounting theory, information systems, and quantitative decision-making in a global context
- Develop core competencies in measuring and reporting on an organization’s financial performance according to both U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards
Key Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare, use, and interpret internal managerial accounting data and reports.
- Learn to prepare and analyze accounting information, comprehend its value, uses, and limitations, and communicate the information effectively to management.
- Learn to communicate an understanding of the legal issues prevalent in the business environment.
- ACC 560-Managerial Accounting
- ACC 564-Accounting Information Systems
- ACC 565-Organizational Tax Research and Planning
Program LengthStrayer University students are mostly working adults who earn their degrees at their own pace and on their own schedule. Most students attend part-time, and the normal time to complete this program is 4.5 years.
On-Time Graduation Rate91% of our students who graduated from this program between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012, did so within 4.5 years.
Program CostsCost information for Strayer University programs is available at www.strayer.edu/tuition-and-fees. The tuition and fees for the entire program, at current part-time tuition rates, are $28,820. The tuition and fees for the entire program for all Tennessee students are $28,820. The total estimated cost for books and supplies for the entire program is $1,800. Strayer University does not offer on-campus housing.
Median Loan DebtFor all students completing this program between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012, the median cumulative loan debt for each of the following are:
- Federal student loans: $51,000
- Private loans: $0
- Institutional finance loans: $0
Occupations for this program
The following U.S. Department of Labor Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Codes and occupational titles are disclosed pursuant to U.S. Department of Education regulations, and correspond to the U.S. Department of Education Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Code for this program.