Once you have applied to Strayer University, you should then submit an application for VA Benefits.
How to Apply
- You may choose to apply to the VA online through the VA Online Application System, or to download the forms and send them to the Department of VA via mail or fax. You can download these forms from the Department of Veterans' Affairs Web site at http://www.va.gov/vaforms.
- To apply with the VA, you will need to complete and submit one of the following forms, along with any supporting documentation indicated during the application process:
- 22-1990 – Application for Educational Benefits form
- 22-1995 – Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form
- 22-5490 –Dependents' Application for VA Education Benefits form
- 22-5495 – Dependents' Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form
- You can find these forms here: http://www.va.gov/vaforms.
It takes approximately 10-12 weeks to process applications. Please wait until 60 days have passed from the time you have submitted your application to inquire about your status. Students who have used their benefits at another school or institution must submit the Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form before they can begin using their benefits at Strayer University.
Once the Department of Veterans Affairs has determined your eligibility, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility in the mail. You must submit a copy of the letter to the Business Office Manager of your home campus to begin receiving benefits.