Military Spouse Scholarships & Tuition Assistance

Up to $4,000 for Military Spouses

Strayer University understands the many challenges faced by military families, and we realize how difficult it can be to pursue your educational and professional goals while supporting your spouse’s military career.

That's why we are pleased to announce our participation in the Department of Defense's Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program as our military spouse scholarships. The MyCAA program provides up to $4,000 for military spouses who are interested in pursuing degrees, licenses, or professional credentials that can lead to employment in high-growth, in-demand, and portable career fields.

Eligibility for Military Spouse Career Advancement (MyCAA) Program at Strayer University

Spouses of active duty military personnel, including activated members of the National Guard and the Reserve Components, are eligible to receive MyCAA funding. Eligibility begins on the date of the Alert or Warning Order for Military Recall or Mobilization, through activation and deployment, and up to 180 days following demobilization.

  • Military spouses who are legally separated by state law or court order are not eligible
  • Spouses who are currently serving in the military are ineligible for the MyCAA program and should pursue their own active duty educational benefits.
  • Public Law 110-417 Sec. 582 stipulates that spouses of Active Duty Coast Guard members are not eligible for funding through this program.

Covered Expenses

The $4,000 is a lifelong benefit that can be used to cover post-secondary education and training, tuition, licensing, and credentialing fees. This includes degree programs (i.e., Associate, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees), and continuing education classes. If the cost of a course includes books, supplies, or other necessary equipment, MyCAA will cover these expenses.

MyCAA funds cannot be used to pay for computers, application fees, graduation fees, student activities, child care, parking, transportation, medical services, or testing fees.

Portable Careers for Military Spouses

One of the primary goals of the MyCAA program as a military spouse benefit is to help military spouses earn the degree or credentials they need to find a "portable" career, meaning a job they can take with them when a military spouse is relocated from one duty station to another. These careers are typically in high demand fields, and can often be found in growing industries.

As an accredited educational institution dedicated to working adult students, many of Strayer University's degrees may be considered suitable preparation for portable careers. You can see a full list of Strayer's programs of academic disciplines.

More Information

Confirm your eligibility for receiving Military Spouse Career Advancement (MyCAA) funding and set up your Career and Training Plan, important first steps to take to start earning your degree, by visiting the MyCAA Web site.

To request information about Strayer University’s academic programs and scholarship for military spouses, please fill out this form or call us at 1.888.378.7293.


You're ready for Strayer University

Bottom RFI

Take Your Next Step

We’re here to help! Complete this form and a dedicated Admissions Officer will contact you shortly. Or call 888-311-0355 to talk to us now.

* All fields required

You must be an RN to enter the RN to BSN Program.

You consent to receive autodialed marketing calls or text from Strayer at the phone number you provided. Consent is not required to purchase goods or services. You can always call us at 866-314-3547.