Comparing the Benefits and Challenges of Online Learning
Benefits and Challenges of Online Learning
The demands of daily life don’t have to keep you from earning a degree. As an online student at Strayer University, follow your ambitions on your schedule.
There are many benefits of online education, provided the learning format is a good fit. To ensure you get the most out of your investment, consider the following pros and cons of online education. And remember, if you decide you’re better suited for in-person classes, you will also find Strayer University campuses in many major cities.
Benefits of Online Learning
- Flexibility makes career development more feasible for working adults and parents
- Attend classes anywhere you want, including from the comforts of your home
- Work at a pace that's best for you
- Access course materials, schedules, assignments, and lessons instantly
- Track your progress easily throughout enrollment
- With no classroom, you have more time to ask questions and formulate responses
- Personalized, written feedback and answers to your questions
- Interact with a wide range of people from around the globe
- Online learning environment is familiar to those who’ve incorporated technology into their everyday lives
Challenges of Online Learning
- Time management skills and self-motivation are essential
- Learning curve for the less technically savvy
- Internet and technology-dependent—susceptible to network connections, browser compatibility issues, etc.
- Minimal in-person contact with professors and classmates
- Responses to questions are not always immediate
- Less social interaction outside of class
Pursuing a college degree at any stage of life is a major decision. If you have specific questions or concerns about how online learning can help develop your career, please feel free to contact us via live chat, phone call, or email. And if you're located nearby one of our campuses, we invite you to come visit with us and see firsthand what awaits you at Strayer University.