Strayer University notifies the USCIS via SEVIS once an international student is admitted to the University. Strayer University issues a Form I-20AB, which is printed with a barcode that will track the student’s activity throughout his/her stay in the United States using an F-1 visa.
Foreign students admitted to Strayer University and in possession of a Student and Exchange Visitor Information Systems (SEVIS) Form I-20AB will need to request an F-1 student visa that will allow entry into the United States. Applicants for student visas should:
- Apply at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate with jurisdiction over their place of permanent residence. Although visa applicants may apply at any U.S. consular office abroad, it may be more difficult to qualify for the visa outside of your country of permanent residence.
- Apply early! It is recommended that you apply for your visa at least 30 days prior to the start date listed on your SEVIS Form I-20AB. For information about scheduling a visa appointment, and the types of student visas, please visit http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html.
- Pay the $200 (USD) SEVIS fee. This fee can be paid online at the SEVIS Fee Payment information page.
- Make an appointment for an interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. You may have the option to make an appointment online or via phone.
- Prior to your interview, please be sure to have your relevant papers, such as your I-20, financial papers, and passport. Please be prepared to discuss your educational plans, financial support and plans for returning to your home country. Visit the U.S. Department of State’s website for more information about the visa interview.
- If all requirements are met and approved, then the Consular Officer will be authorized to issue you a F-1 student visa.
When the student arrives in the U.S., the barcode on the I-20AB Form will be scanned. This prompts SEVIS to notify Strayer University that the student has arrived. Upon a student's initial visit to the campus, Strayer University will confirm his/her enrollment with USCIS. Strayer University will provide regular electronic reports to USCIS throughout his/her academic career. Click here to get more information about SEVIS.
Your Admissions Officer will assist you with the F-1 visa application process and help prepare you for your visa interview.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us at email@example.com.