Master of Business Administration IT Security Management
Pursue a leadership role in data security
Digital data drives nearly all of today’s business, whether in the form of retail sales, publishing or communication. Earning an MBA in IT security management in just 12 courses from Strayer University can provide the knowledge you need to prepare for a leadership role in the data security field.
- Program details
- Cost & savings
- Career exploration
IT security management MBA program details
Our MBA in IT security management from Strayer University covers the latest concepts in data security management. You’ll learn where information technology is used and how it can contribute to a company’s success.
Increase your IT expertise
- Develop information technology strategies to improve quality, timeliness and competitive advantage for organizations.
- Apply current and emerging theories in security management leading to secure computing environments and reduced risk to organizations.
- Apply information technology practices to business operations in order to better inform business decisions.
Class size varies based on course objectives and the teaching demands of the subject matter. In general, Strayer University aims to keep the student-to-instructor ratio low.
How long does it take to get a master’s degree in business administration?
- There are 12 11-week courses in this program.
- How many courses you take at a time will determine how long the overall program will be.
- Strayer University credits are expressed in quarter hours.
- One quarter hour of credit is granted for the successful completion of 10 contact hours per course.
- The standard requirement for one course is for students to spend 10 to 14 hours in weekly work, including in- and out-of-classroom work. The Strayer course design uses this requirement to meet applicable regulatory standards.
Estimate the cost of your degree
How much does an MBA in IT Security Management cost?
Estimate the cost of your degree
How much does an MBA in IT Security Management cost?
*Student is required to take two courses per quarter during disbursement period
PREPARING YOUR RESULTS
Calculate the approximate time commitment of your degree.
|Course load||... courses/term|
|Classroom time||... hours/week|
|Terms per year||... terms|
|Terms to graduation||... terms|
Calculate the approximate cost of your degree
|No-cost gen ed||$0|
Program cost breakdown
This MBA program consists of 12 courses, with the price of $2,985 per course. There are additional fees for textbooks and supplies, a $65 technology fee each term and a one-time $150 degree conferral fee.
Courses from another institution may be eligible for transfer credits to Strayer, which can help reduce the number of courses you need to graduate and your overall tuition. You can transfer up to four classes toward your master’s degree. The Strayer transfer credit page has more information as well as a tool to estimate how many transfer credits you may be able to apply to your Strayer degree program.
*Students enrolled in the Master of Business Administration in North Carolina or Pennsylvania may transfer up to four classes.
Scholarships and financial aid
There are a number of financial aid options worth exploring on our financial aid page. To apply for federal aid, prospective students should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Stafford loans are available for graduate study. These are direct unsubsidized loans, not based on financial need. Unlike subsidized loans, Stafford loan interest will accrue while in the program. Making interest payments while in school will help reduce the amount of principal that would otherwise build up, reducing your end cost.
There are also scholarships and private loans available for Strayer students.
More than 500 organizations – including corporations and community colleges – invest in their employees by partnering with Strayer University to offer access to discounted education programs. If your employer is a Corporate Alliance Partner, you may qualify for programs that can help you discover career pathways in your field.
Nonfederal loans can help pay the difference between the cost of attendance and the total of loans and grants received from other tuition assistance programs.
Military tuition assistance
Scholarships are offered to eligible students currently serving in the military, as well as military spouses. Strayer is also approved by Veterans Affairs to accept and process veteran education benefits. Learn more about the Strayer University active military assistance program here.
In addition to participating fully in the Yellow Ribbon Program, Strayer is approved by Veterans Affairs to accept and process veteran education benefits. Student veterans can receive transfer credit for military training and life experiences.
Required MBA courses
Analyzes the interaction of individual, group, and organizational dynamics that influence human behavior in organizations and determine appropriate management approaches to foster a productive work environment. Examines a variety of theories, models and strategies used to understand motivation and individual behavior, decision making, the dynamics of groups, work teams, communication, leadership, power and politics, conflict resolution, work design, organizational structure and culture and managing change. Provides a conceptual base for managers to interpret, assess and influence human behavior in an organization.
You are the most important brand. This course will introduce methods to boost your communication skills and personal brand in a digital business setting using a variety of tools such as video, Skype and social media platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter. Topics covered include thought leadership, brand development, presentations, content curation, company/group interactions and trending topics.
Examines the strategic management process and implementation of successful business strategies in the highly competitive and dynamic global environment. Analyzes the impact of technology, government policy, and world economic and political forces on strategy formulation and execution. Analytic, integrative, and decision-making skills will be exercised through the use of case analysis and decision-making that will involve the core business functions, leadership challenges and global operations.
This course examines the strategic use and trends of organizational information systems with emphasis on the application of information technology. Students are presented key computing concepts in the strategic context in which information technology is used with emphasis on how information technology enables improvement in quality, timeliness and competitive advantage.
This course presents current and emerging theories in security management. Topics include the policies, guidance, technologies and organizational concerns that security managers must address in leading and providing secure computing environments. Students will explore topics such as access control, security architecture, cryptography, and the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge.
This course addresses the topic of risk management and how risk, threats and vulnerabilities impact information systems. Topics include how to assess and manage risk based on defining an acceptable level of risk for information systems, elements of a business impact analysis, business continuity plan and disaster recovery planning.
What can you do with an MBA in IT Security Management?
Your education can help you pursue your professional and personal goals. While Strayer cannot guarantee that a graduate will secure any specific career outcome, such as a job title, promotion or salary increase, we encourage you to explore the potential impact you can have in the IT security management field.
Versatile skills for your future
The IT security management concentration applies current and emerging security management best practices to protect computing environments and reduce risk to organizations. Concepts reviewed include information systems for decision-making, theories of security management and IT risk management. Students will be able to develop information technology strategies to improve quality, timeliness and competitive advantage for organizations.
In addition, students who complete this concentration will be prepared to:
- Control computer file access to protect information and monitor how data files are used.
- Create strategies to protect computer files from accidental or unauthorized access, changes or destruction.
- Discuss computer data access needs, security breaches and programming changes with users.
- Encrypt data transmissions and set up firewalls to hide confidential information while it’s being sent and prevent harmful digital transfers.
- Evaluate potential risks and perform data processing system tests to ensure data processing activities and security measures are working properly.
- Keep and manage special communication and support systems needed for specific land, sea and underwater operations.
- Make changes to computer security files to include new software, fix mistakes or adjust access permissions.
- Manage virus protection system updates and monitor computer virus reports.
- Monitor computer security procedure violations and review the procedures with those who violated them to prevent future incidents.
- Raise awareness about security and train staff to keep the IT system safe and enhance server and network efficiency.
- Record policies, procedures and tests related to computer security and emergency measures.
- Take the Systems Security Certified Practitioner exam.
- Work with company staff and external vendors to organize the implementation of computer system plans.
Master of Business Administration admission requirements
Before you can pursue your master’s degree, you’ll need to enroll at Strayer. Here’s what you’ll need to get started for admission to the university.
Learn more about the admissions process at Strayer.
Students applying to Washington, D.C., or New Jersey campuses must provide proof of proper immunization.
Transferring to Strayer from another university?
Some or all of the credits you’ve earned may be transferable.
International MBA students
We welcome international students.