- DEGREES & PROGRAMS
- AREAS OF INTEREST
- Tuition & Aid
- Why Strayer
Last Revised: Aug. 1, 2018
1. Information Collection and Use. Through your use of the Services, we may collect the following “Personal Data” from you if you choose to provide it, including:
A. Your name, address, email address, username, state or country of residence, and/or telephone number (“Contact Information”).
B. Pages and products viewed, ads that you clicked on, emails from us that you opened, browser type, operating system, IP address and device information, your mobile operating system (OS), a mobile device identifier embedded by us, or other commonly used mobile device identifier if you access the Sites on a mobile device (“Analytical Information”).
C. We may also collect publicly available information about you from third-party sources, such as the postal service for shipping address verification.
2. Notice to California Residents. Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.80-1798.84, California residents are entitled to the following rights regarding any Personal Data collected and used by us:
A. We reserve the right to disclose your submitted Personal Data to third parties for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, all California residents have the right to obtain from us upon request: (1) the categories of your Personal Data and (2) to whom your Personal Data was provided by us in the immediately preceding calendar year. Upon receipt of a written or email request submitted by a California resident to the designated address below, we shall provide said California resident a list of any disclosures of said California resident’s Personal Data to a third party for its own direct marketing purposes within thirty (30) days of the receipt of such request. The list shall include:
(1) A list of categories of Personal Data provided to a third party for its own direct marketing purposes; and
(2) The names and addresses of any third parties that received the California resident’s Personal Data within the preceding calendar year from us.
Such list may be in a standardized format and not specific to any individual. A California resident’s request for such information may be submitted via mail or email to us at the address in the “For More Information” section below. California residents shall only be entitled to have this information provided at most once per calendar year.
3. Notice to Utah Residents. We may choose to disclose Personal Data (including non-public Personal Data) about you, the consumer, to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
4. FERPA. Personally identifiable information for enrolled students and learners at Strayer University and Capella University is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) administered by the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information on Strayer University and Capella University’s FERPA policies is available here and here .
5. Use of Your Personal Data. Your Analytical Information may be used to help us improve our Sites by enabling us to discover and address the needs of our Sites’ visitors. This includes making our Sites accessible to the variety of Web browsers and operating systems used to access our Sites.
Subject to applicable laws, in the event that part or all of Strategic Education, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries are bought, sold or otherwise transferred, or is in the process of a potential transaction, your Personal Data may be shared for evaluation purposes and included among the transferred business assets.
We may also disclose specific information when such disclosure appears necessary to comply with the law, a subpoena or other litigation process or to protect the interests or safety of visitors and customers, employees, students, learners, or others. This includes exchanging your Personal Data with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may disclose your Personal Data if we need to share your information to provide the products or service you have requested or we need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Strategic Education or any of its subsidiaries to provide a product or service to you (unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the Personal Data we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us). Further, we may disclose your Personal Data as necessary to protect us or our Sites’ users if we find that your actions on our website violate any of our usage guidelines for specific services or any agreement.
6. Sharing Information in Public Forums. In the event you voluntarily share personal or sensitive information on a publicly available product or service review, on a message board, or in a chat room offered by the Sites, please be advised that such information may be collected and used by the other users of the Sites who have access to such message boards and chat rooms. Strategic Education, Inc. and its subsidiaries shall have no liability resulting from the misuse of information you voluntarily share during your use of the Sites. Strategic Education, Inc. and its subsidiaries shall have no obligation to police the message boards and chat rooms, but have the ability to remove such information in their sole discretion.
7. Security of Information. We use commercially reasonable efforts based upon the type and sensitivity of information being stored to protect the security of Personal Data collected through the Sites. Financial transactions submitted through the Sites are encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. However, you acknowledge that no electronic storage method or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
8. Requesting Removal from Marketing Lists. You may opt out of marketing solicitations from Strategic Education, Inc. and its subsidiaries at any time. Request removal from Strayer University’s marketing lists.
A. Google Analytics:
2) To opt-out, please download and install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on by visiting:
10. Do Not Track. Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals, and, therefore, the Sites and Strategic Education, Inc. and its subsidiaries do not recognize DNT.
11. Children’s Privacy. The Sites do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable consent. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete the information from our databases and not use such information for any purpose, except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law.
Strategic Education, Inc.
Office of the General Counsel
2303 Dulles Station Blvd.
Mail Stop 6C
Herndon, VA 20171