Affordable Online College
MSN Program Scholarships
We are pleased to offer up to Ten (10) $5000 scholarships to students enrolling in the MSN Program in the Winter 2018 Term. Potential students will have the opportunity to receive a scholarship if they meet the scholarship criteria, complete the scholarship process, and agree to start the program in January 2018. The scholarship will provide $1000 tuition credit per term for five terms.
Scholarship Criteria Checklist
To receive the scholarship a student must have:
- An active, unencumbered RN license from and reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Virginia , West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming and Washington D.C.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with a cumulative GPA greater than, or equal to, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- You will need to submit: A written essay not less than 250 words, describing why they desire to pursue a BSN degree
- You will need to submit: A Current resume
- You will need to submit: Unofficial Transcripts (even if students submitted transcripts with their application, please submit another copy with the scholarship application)
Applying for the Scholarship
- Scholarship applicants will complete a Strayer University web application found at www.strayer.edu/apply
- Applicants will email their essay, unofficial transcripts and their resume to SchoolofNursing@strayer.edu
Scholarship Selection Process
After review of the submitted requirements, finalists will complete a phone interview with member(s) of the Scholarship Review Board before the scholarships are awarded. The scholarship recipients will be notified of their award by phone and a letter from the Dean of the School of Nursing.
Recipients must maintain at least a “C” in the nursing courses (courses that begin with “NUR” prefix) and a 2.0 GPA overall or they will forfeit their scholarship. Students will also forfeit their scholarship if they choose to withdraw for any reason or sit out more than two terms one time during their 4 term award period but may continue the program with other financing options. Students will be terminated if they are discovered to have an undisclosed arrest or conviction, engage in improper, unlawful, or unprofessional conduct or otherwise violate the Student Code of Conduct policy and/or the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics or have restrictions placed on their registered nurse license OR have their registered nurse license revoked.
*Strayer University reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the scholarship. The Nursing Scholarship cannot be combined with any other Strayer Scholarship.