Strayer Education, Inc. and its subsidiaries including Strayer University ("Strayer") hold in high regard the privacy rights of our Web site visitors. To demonstrate our commitment to user privacy, we provide the following information describing what information we collect from site visitors and how that information is used.
- Personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information is collected only on a voluntary basis, at the option of the Web site user. For example, you may choose to provide your name, address or telephone number in the "Contact Us" section of our Web site.
- FERPA. Personally identifiable information for enrolled students is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) administered by the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information on FERPA is available here.
- Use of information. Non-personally identifiable information is used to help us improve our site by enabling us to discover and address the needs of our site visitors. This includes making our Web site accessible to the variety of Web browsers and operating systems used to access our site. Personal information collected through the site by means of your voluntary submission, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address and other contact information, is used for the purpose of responding to your requests for information about Strayer products and services or to contact you about future products and services. Strayer does not share personal information with third parties, apart from release of “directory information” as described in the University’s FERPA policy or certain authorized vendors bound by confidentiality agreements with Strayer who must utilize the information to perform necessary duties (such as credit card authorization, federal student aid processing and textbook ordering). “Directory information” disclosures include verifying enrollment for employment or credit application purposes.
- Security of information. Strayer uses best efforts to protect security of personal information collected through its Web sites. Financial transactions submitted through the Web site are encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
- Requesting removal from Strayer marketing lists. You may opt out of Strayer marketing solicitations at any time. Request removal from Strayer University’s marketing lists.
Strayer University Office of the General Counsel
2303 Dulles Station Blvd.
Mail Stop 6C
Herndon, VA 20171