You know you need to be knowledgeable about your specific job and industry, but what you might not realize is that employers also want you to have additional skills. They’re looking for a series of select interpersonal skills that show you can communicate effectively, be efficient in your daily work, and are able to come up with innovative business ideas, amongst others.
Strayer University leveraged insights from employers, business leaders, and recruiters to identify 10 skills that have always been valued in the workforce, becoming even more so today. Strayer University’s bachelor program equips you with 10 essential skills that employer’s value.
10 Skills Employers Seek
Here are 10 skills employers, business leaders, and recruiters have identified as valuable to professional success, no matter what career path you decide to pursue.
- Agility. Being unafraid to change course; being proactive rather than reactive.
- Communication. Getting your ideas and concepts across to others clearly and persuasively.
- Initiative. Being willing to take a leading role or developing and starting new projects.
- Innovation. Thinking in creative ways and not simply relying on doing what’s always been done.
- Productivity. Not just working hard but working smart to get your work done efficiently.
- Problem-solving. Working to come up with solutions as problems arise.
- Relationship building. Developing successful teamwork through trust and respect.
- Results driven. Making things happen in the best and most efficient ways.
- Social and self-awareness. Being able to recognize, understand, and manage emotions – your
- own and those of others.
- Technology. Understanding and using technology in ways that help accomplish work goals.
At Strayer, we design learning experiences that help prepare you for changes in your industry while providing you with skills we know employers value. The Strayer bachelor’s curriculum incorporates these 10 skills as part of your education to help you stand out from the crowd in interviews and on the job.
Discover what life and career skills you can gain at Strayer University