Master of Business Administration Management
Advance your management career
An online MBA in Management from Strayer University can help you discover what it takes to lead, inspire, persuade and excite staff to work toward your company’s improved performance. Through this ACBSP-accredited degree program, you’ll build skills you can use to develop your own leadership qualities and make a difference in business.
- Program details
- Cost & savings
- Career exploration
Explore the nature of leadership
Learn how to optimize planning, organization, delegation and other management tasks, while also discovering ways to enhance your team’s productivity and well-being.
Build your management skills
- Apply modern management theories and concepts to today’s organizations that demonstrate how effective management can lead to a competitive advantage that sustains an organization.
- Apply production and operations concepts and techniques to operations management.
- Apply business concepts to the effective creation, leadership and management of small businesses.
Class size varies based on course objectives and the teaching demands of the subject matter. In general, Strayer University aims to keep the student-to-instructor ratio low.
How long does it take to get a master’s degree in business administration?
- There are 12 11-week courses in this program.
- How many courses you take at a time will determine how long the overall program will be.
- Strayer University credits are expressed in quarter hours.
- One quarter hour of credit is granted for the successful completion of 10 contact hours per course.
- The standard requirement for one course is for students to spend 10 to 14 hours in weekly work, including in- and out-of-classroom work. The Strayer course design uses this requirement to meet applicable regulatory standards.
Estimate the cost of your degree
How much does an MBA in Management cost?
Estimate the cost of your degree
How much does an MBA in Management cost?
*Student is required to take two courses per quarter during disbursement period
PREPARING YOUR RESULTS
Calculate the approximate time commitment of your degree.
|Course load||... courses/term|
|Classroom time||... hours/week|
|Terms per year||... terms|
|Terms to graduation||... terms|
Calculate the approximate cost of your degree
|No-cost gen ed||$0|
Program cost breakdown
This MBA program consists of 12 courses, with the price of $2,985 per course. There are additional fees for textbooks and supplies, a $65 technology fee each term and a one-time $150 degree conferral fee.
Courses from another institution may be eligible for transfer credits to Strayer, which can help reduce the number of courses you need to graduate and your overall tuition. You can transfer up to four classes toward your master’s degree. The Strayer transfer credit page has more information as well as a tool to estimate how many transfer credits you may be able to apply to your Strayer degree program.
*Students enrolled in the Master of Business Administration in North Carolina or Pennsylvania may transfer up to four classes.
Scholarships and financial aid
There are a number of financial aid options worth exploring on our financial aid page. To apply for federal aid, prospective students should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Stafford loans are available for graduate study. These are direct unsubsidized loans, not based on financial need. Unlike subsidized loans, Stafford loan interest will accrue while in the program. Making interest payments while in school will help reduce the amount of principal that would otherwise build up, reducing your end cost.
There are also scholarships and private loans available for Strayer students.
More than 500 organizations – including corporations and community colleges – invest in their employees by partnering with Strayer University to offer access to discounted education programs. If your employer is a Corporate Alliance Partner, you may qualify for programs that can help you discover career pathways in your field.
Nonfederal loans can help pay the difference between the cost of attendance and the total of loans and grants received from other tuition assistance programs.
Military tuition assistance
Scholarships are offered to eligible students currently serving in the military, as well as military spouses. Strayer is also approved by Veterans Affairs to accept and process veteran education benefits. Learn more about the Strayer University active military assistance program here.
In addition to participating fully in the Yellow Ribbon Program, Strayer is approved by Veterans Affairs to accept and process veteran education benefits. Student veterans can receive transfer credit for military training and life experiences.
Required MBA courses
Analyzes the interaction of individual, group, and organizational dynamics that influence human behavior in organizations and determine appropriate management approaches to foster a productive work environment. Examines a variety of theories, models and strategies used to understand motivation and individual behavior, decision making, the dynamics of groups, work teams, communication, leadership, power and politics, conflict resolution, work design, organizational structure and culture and managing change. Provides a conceptual base for managers to interpret, assess and influence human behavior in an organization.
You are the most important brand. This course will introduce methods to boost your communication skills and personal brand in a digital business setting using a variety of tools such as video, Skype and social media platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter. Topics covered include thought leadership, brand development, presentations, content curation, company/group interactions and trending topics.
Examines the strategic management process and implementation of successful business strategies in the highly competitive and dynamic global environment. Analyzes the impact of technology, government policy, and world economic and political forces on strategy formulation and execution. Analytic, integrative, and decision-making skills will be exercised through the use of case analysis and decision-making that will involve the core business functions, leadership challenges and global operations.
Review production and operations concepts and the techniques used in their management. Examine the interaction of the operations functions with other primary functions such as marketing and finance. Analyze the primary areas of process and product design, JIT manufacturing, allocation of scarce resources, ecommerce and quality management principles.
Explore the concepts and applications of sustainable business, including creating, leading and managing business enterprises. Examine approaches for leading entrepreneurial individuals and companies. Analyze innovation issues, including creating and realizing value, prioritizing opportunities and managing the innovation process.
Explore the foundation of management principles and their integration into modern management theory. Address the primary functions of managers, which include planning, organizing, leading and controlling. See how effective management can lead to a competitive advantage that sustains the organization.
What can you do with an MBA in Management?
Your education can help you pursue your professional and personal goals. While Strayer cannot guarantee that a graduate will secure any specific career outcome, such as a job title, promotion or salary increase, we encourage you to explore the potential impact you can have in the management field.
Versatile skills for your future
The management concentration of the MBA program emphasizes the foundations of management including management principles and practices of planning, organizing, leading and controlling. Students will learn the interactions of the functional aspects of business from the operations perspective, explore the concepts and applications of sustainable business and evaluate the strategic aspects of human resource management. Students are presented the fundamental skills and knowledge necessary to make effective business decisions.
In addition, students who complete this concentration will be prepared to:
- Act as a link between organizations, shareholders and external groups.
- Approve contracts and agreements with suppliers, distributors, government agencies or other organizations.
- Assess company operations to measure the performance of the staff and find areas for potential cost reduction, program improvement or policy changes.
- Carry out corrective action plans to fix problems within the organization or specific departments.
- Create and implement company policies to help increase productivity and maximize ROI.
- Evaluate reports from staff members and either recommend approval or propose changes.
- Manage activities of businesses that buy or sell investment products or financial services.
- Manage business activities or departments involved in the production, pricing, sales or distribution of products.
- Meet with board members or staff members to coordinate activities or resolve issues.
- Organize the creation or setup of systems to control budgets, keep records and manage administrative tasks.
- Select department heads or managers and delegate tasks and responsibilities to them.
- Set up roles for each department and make sure all departments and locations work together smoothly.
Master of Business Administration admission requirements
Before you can pursue your master’s degree, you’ll need to enroll at Strayer. Here’s what you’ll need to get started for admission to the university.
Learn more about the admissions process at Strayer.
Students applying to Washington, D.C., or New Jersey campuses must provide proof of proper immunization.
Transferring to Strayer from another university?
Some or all of the credits you’ve earned may be transferable.
International MBA students
We welcome international students.