Skip to main section

International students

Submitting your information,
this may take a few seconds...

Learning on campus

You can earn a Strayer University online degree from outside the United States. International students living in the U.S., seeking an undergraduate degree must enroll full-time (three courses per quarter) for three consecutive quarters. Only one of those courses is permitted to be online. International students living in the U.S., seeking a graduate degree must enroll full-time (two courses per quarter) for three consecutive quarters. One of those two courses may be online.

We welcome more than 1200 international students from more than 110 countries.

Download our F1 Visa International Students brochure.

Explore Strayer campus locations

Campus locations

Come to a campus near you for guidance and support. You’ll have access to helpful resources, a supportive community and plenty of spaces to learn and grow.

Meet one of our personal Student Success Coaches

Wherever you study, you have a personal Student Services Coach in your corner, helping you not only through the admission process, but with any aspect of earning your degree from course choice to finances.

International admission requirements

Below is the full list of International admission requirements for our degree programs, whether applying as an undergrad, graduate, or transfer student.

All documents must be submitted to the student's home campus prior to the issuance of the student's I-20. Students must submit documents in time for scheduling a visa appointment; generally, appointments must be scheduled 30 days in advance of the start of the quarter. Entry documents will be required upon student arrival.

Required from everyone:
  • Completed Student Application for Admission
  • Completed I-20 Application 
  • Strayer University application fee
  • Proof of English ability
  • Proof of financial support
  • Completed emergency contact information form
  • Copy of your Passport that is valid at least six months after the desired start date
  • $300 tuition deposit (Will be credited towards first quarter tuition and fees. Refundable only if visa is denied at Consulate or basis of admission is denied.)
Undergraduates also supply:
  • Proof of a high school diploma or its equivalent
Graduate students also supply:
  • Proof of completion of a U.S. baccalaureate degree, or approved equivalent
Transfer students also supply:
  • Completed F-1 Transfer Request Form
  • Copies of your previous I-20s from all previously attended schools (all pages)
  • A printed I-94 Form (front and back)
  • Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
  • Copy of your U.S. Visa
  • Copy of your passport
  • Copy of any previous EAD cards (front and back)

You can apply online

How do I provide proof required for some of the items above?

Below are acceptable forms of proof recognized by Strayer University as fulfilling certain requirements for admission. Please note that some proofs require all the elements listed, while others require only one from among the possibilities.

High school diploma or equivalent

Must include ALL:

  • A copy of original transcripts/diploma/grading sheets and/or other academic information based on U.S. equivalency requirements for the issuing country.
  • A translation conducted by NACES-recognized translator or an embassy.
  • An official third-party evaluation conducted by a NACES member. (For assistance with a third-party evaluation, please contact Strayer University.)
English ability

ONE of the following:

  • A score of 46 or better (undergraduate) or 79 or better (graduate) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
  • A score of 5.5 or better (undergraduate) or 6.5 or better (graduate) on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
  • Proof of graduating from a college or high school where English is the primary mode of instruction.
  • Completing an ESL program at an institution that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
  • A score of 85 or better (undergraduate) or 105 or better (graduate) on the Duolingo English Test.
  • A certificate of B1 or better (undergraduate) or B2 or better (graduate) from Cambridge English.
Financial support

ONE of the following:

  • Sponsor’s affidavit of annual cash support and proof of financial capability (dated no more than 6 months before the start of the quarter)
  • Sponsor’s affidavit of free room and board and proof of financial capability (dated no more than 6 months before the start of the quarter)
Baccalaureate awarded
  • An original copy of transcripts/diploma and/or other academic information.
  • If necessary, translation from a NACES-recognized translator or an embassy.
  • If necessary, an official third-party evaluation conducted by an NACES member. (For assistance with third-party evaluations, please contact a Strayer University Admissions Officer).
Graduate potential

ONE of the following:

  • A 2.50 undergraduate grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
  • A minimum cumulative score of 450 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) taken within the last five years.
  • A minimum cumulative score of 1,000 Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the past five years.
  • Other approved evidence of graduate potential (e.g., personal interview)