Bachelor of Business Administration Marketing
Marketing: Get the right message to the right person at the right time
Today’s diverse marketing landscape – print, digital and influencers – presents a daunting list of approaches to marketers. The Strayer University Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Marketing concentration, blends the latest science around learning what people want with the art of placing it where they’ll see it and react.
- Program details
- Cost & savings
- Career exploration
Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing program overview
Develop your potential with digital and traditional marketing skills while learning the tools and concepts you need to support an organization’s business goals.
What skills do you need for a career in marketing?
- Explore consumer behavior to determine how the consumer makes purchasing decisions.
- Discuss the tactical elements of winning marketing campaigns, such as paid messaging, organic word-of-mouth and best practices for launching both digital and traditional marketing campaigns.
- Learn how to create a great marketing plan.
- Develop a broad understanding of marketing data collection and analysis tools that allow you to gather customer information, gauge the success of campaigns and get the best ROI for your marketing efforts.
Class size varies based on course objectives and the teaching demands of the subject matter. In general, Strayer University aims to keep the student-to-instructor ratio low.
How long does it take to get a degree in business administration?
- There are 40 11-week courses in this program.
- How many courses you take at a time will determine how long the overall program will be.
- Strayer University credits are expressed in quarter hours.
- One quarter hour of credit is granted for the successful completion of 10 contact hours per course.
- The standard requirement for one course is for students to spend 10 to 14 hours in weekly work, including in- and out-of-classroom work, for a total of 135 hours by the end of the course. Strayer’s course design uses this requirement to meet applicable regulatory standards.
Estimate the cost of your degree
How much does a BBA in Marketing cost?
Estimate the cost of your degree
How much does a BBA in Marketing cost?
*Student is required to take two courses per quarter during disbursement period
PREPARING YOUR RESULTS
Calculate the approximate time commitment of your degree.
|Course load||... courses/term|
|Classroom time||... hours/week|
|Terms per year||... terms|
|Terms to graduation||... terms|
Calculate the approximate cost of your degree
|No-cost gen ed||$0|
Program cost breakdown
In most cases, Strayer’s BBA program consists of 40 courses, with the price of $1525 per course. There are additional fees for textbooks and supplies, a $65 technology fee each term and a one-time $150 degree conferral fee.
Courses from another institution may be eligible for transfer credits to Strayer, which can help reduce the number of courses you need to graduate and your overall tuition. You can transfer up to four classes toward your bachelor’s degree (if approved). The Strayer transfer credit page has more information, as well as a tool to estimate how many transfer credits you may be able to apply to your Strayer degree program.
Scholarships and financial aid
There are a number of financial aid options worth exploring on our financial aid page. To apply for federal aid, prospective students should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Stafford loans are available for graduate study. These are direct unsubsidized loans, not based on financial need. Unlike subsidized loans, Stafford loan interest will accrue while in the program. Making interest payments while in school will help reduce the amount of principal that would otherwise build up, reducing your end cost.
There are also scholarships and private loans available for Strayer students.
More than 500 organizations – including corporations and community colleges – invest in their employees by partnering with Strayer University to offer access to discounted education programs. If your employer is a Corporate Alliance Partner, you may qualify for programs that can help you discover career pathways in your field.
Nonfederal loans can help pay the difference between the cost of attendance and the total of loans and grants received from other tuition assistance programs.
Military tuition assistance
Scholarships are offered to eligible students currently serving in the military, as well as military spouses. Strayer is also approved by Veterans Affairs to accept and process veteran education benefits. Learn more about the Strayer University active military assistance program here.
In addition to participating fully in the Yellow Ribbon Program, Strayer is approved by Veterans Affairs to accept and process veteran education benefits. Student veterans can receive transfer credit for military training and life experiences.
What coursework do you need to specialize in marketing?
Learn about the numerous aspects of creating successful marketing campaigns and approaches, including focuses on research, consumer behavior, strategic pricing, international tactics, analysis, product development, campaigns and more. View all courses
What is a minor in college?
A minor is a group of five courses in a select subject area that can add depth to your resume and round out your degree. Pursuing a minor offers you the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in a secondary area of interest outside of your major and concentration.
How does a minor work?
Since you can use elective courses to complete a minor, in some cases you may not have to spend extra time or money on additional courses to complete your degree. Keep in mind that courses used to complete your major can’t be applied toward a minor.
Should you get a minor in college?
Getting a minor can help expand your professional skills. It demonstrates your forward-thinking, self-motivation and organization – all valuable skills in the workplace.
Learn to perform consumer analyses to develop an effective marketing strategy. Examine the principles of individual, group and social dynamics influencing consumer behavior. Review the consumer decision-making process and marketing approaches that can be used to improve consumer sales performance and customer satisfaction.
Explore the essential elements of marketing communication. Topics covered include media and messages, word-of-mouth, internet marketing and the ever-changing communication market. Select appropriate communication channels to highlight products, brands and services to sustain a competitive advantage.
Get an overview of the concepts and practices of marketing worldwide and the modifications and adaptations required to meet the different challenges involved. Develop marketing plans to address international audiences.
Focus on the strategic marketing plan elements that organizations need to effectively compete in today’s business environment. Use tools for gathering and analyzing marketing data, decision-making and implementation. Explore advances in technology and the related impact on the marketing environment, competitiveness and customer information.
Being an effective communicator is an essential skill for any profession. In this course, you will learn the secrets to writing, listening, and speaking with credibility in order to share your voice with the world.
Provides a foundation in today's business operations with a focus on the major functions of a business (management, production, marketing, finance and accounting, human resource management, and various support functions). The course also provides an overview of business organizations and the competitive business environment, strategic planning, international business, ethical considerations, quality assurance and more.
What can you do with a BBA in Marketing?
Your education can help you pursue your professional and personal goals. While Strayer cannot guarantee that a graduate will secure any specific career outcome, such as a job title, promotion or salary increase, we encourage you to explore the potential impact you can have in the marketing field.
Versatile skills for your future
The Marketing concentration explores the essentials of marketing. Students will learn to understand consumer behaviors and how to market products to a target audience and develop effective pricing strategies for products and services.
In addition, students who complete this concentration will be prepared to:
- Analyze market trends and business developments to help predict the profitability of products or services.
- Collaborate with legal staff to avoid copyright infringement and other legal issues.
- Connect with buyers to gain insights on projected product or service demand.
- Coordinate marketing efforts and policies with advertising managers to promote products or services.
- Create a business case to include environmental information in marketing strategies and policies.
- Create and distribute surveys to help find new potential markets for products or services.
- Create pricing strategies that satisfy customers and company goals.
- Determine product specifications with guidance from development staff.
- Develop or assess marketing strategies by considering the organization’s goals, market characteristics and cost considerations.
- Manage the recruitment, training and performance evaluations of marketing staff members.
- Market products or services at trade shows and other promotional events.
- Monitor budgets, expenditures, ROI projections and other financial aspects throughout product development.
- Recommend ways to make products, packaging and other parts of production more environmentally sustainable.
Bachelor of Business Administration admission requirements
Before you can pursue your bachelor’s degree, you have to enroll at Strayer. Here’s what you need to get started for admission to the university.
Learn more about the admission process at Strayer. Students applying to Washington, D.C., or New Jersey campuses must provide proof of proper immunization.
Transferring to Strayer from another university?
Some or all of the credits you’ve earned may be transferable.
International bachelor's students
We welcome international students.