Bachelor of Business Administration Management
What degree do you need to become an effective manager?
A Strayer Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with a management concentration can help you develop more effectiveness as a leader. Learn how to navigate day-to-day managerial responsibilities and get a big picture perspective for creating and executing successful strategies in a variety of work settings.
- Program details
- Cost & savings
- Career exploration
Bachelor of Business Administration, Management program overview
Strayer’s online management degree can help you develop the skills to determine and set the tone for organizational behaviors, management of human capital, projects and operations. You’ll also be equipped to work in small, medium and large organizations.
What skills do you need to be an effective manager?
- Establish performance goals and collect data to measure success.
- Inform policies and procedures and enlist your team to apply them to day-to-day business operations.
- Apply ethics to business decision-making to positively impact stakeholders.
- Review the performance of key processes related to behavior, project management and operations within organizations.
- Develop strategic planning and management skills to help increase employee performance.
Class size varies based on course objectives and the teaching demands of the subject matter. In general, Strayer University aims to keep the student-to-instructor ratio low.
How long does it take to get a degree in business administration?
- There are 40 11-week courses in this program.
- How many courses you take at a time will determine how long the overall program will be.
- Strayer University credits are expressed in quarter hours.
- One quarter hour of credit is granted for the successful completion of 10 contact hours per course.
- The standard requirement for one course is for students to spend 10 to 14 hours in weekly work, including in- and out-of-classroom work, for a total of 135 hours by the end of the course. Strayer’s course design uses this requirement to meet applicable regulatory standards.
Estimate the cost of your degree
How much does a BBA in Management cost?
Estimate the cost of your degree
How much does a BBA in Management cost?
*Student is required to take two courses per quarter during disbursement period
PREPARING YOUR RESULTS
Calculate the approximate time commitment of your degree.
|Course load||... courses/term|
|Classroom time||... hours/week|
|Terms per year||... terms|
|Terms to graduation||... terms|
Calculate the approximate cost of your degree
|No-cost gen ed||$0|
Program cost breakdown
In most cases, Strayer’s BBA program consists of 40 courses, with the price of $1525 per course. There are additional fees for textbooks and supplies, a $65 technology fee each term and a one-time $150 degree conferral fee.
Courses from another institution may be eligible for transfer credits to Strayer, which can help reduce the number of courses you need to graduate and your overall tuition. You can transfer up to four classes toward your bachelor’s degree (if approved). The Strayer transfer credit page has more information, as well as a tool to estimate how many transfer credits you may be able to apply to your Strayer degree program.
Scholarships and financial aid
There are a number of financial aid options worth exploring on our financial aid page. To apply for federal aid, prospective students should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Stafford loans are available for graduate study. These are direct unsubsidized loans, not based on financial need. Unlike subsidized loans, Stafford loan interest will accrue while in the program. Making interest payments while in school will help reduce the amount of principal that would otherwise build up, reducing your end cost.
There are also scholarships and private loans available for Strayer students.
More than 500 organizations – including corporations and community colleges – invest in their employees by partnering with Strayer University to offer access to discounted education programs. If your employer is a Corporate Alliance Partner, you may qualify for programs that can help you discover career pathways in your field.
Nonfederal loans can help pay the difference between the cost of attendance and the total of loans and grants received from other tuition assistance programs.
Military tuition assistance
Scholarships are offered to eligible students currently serving in the military, as well as military spouses. Strayer is also approved by Veterans Affairs to accept and process veteran education benefits. Learn more about the Strayer University active military assistance program here.
In addition to participating fully in the Yellow Ribbon Program, Strayer is approved by Veterans Affairs to accept and process veteran education benefits. Student veterans can receive transfer credit for military training and life experiences.
What coursework do you need to specialize in management?
In this program, you’ll take a close look at a variety of daily business tasks while focusing on management needs. You’ll learn to analyze operating processes and control systems to maximize efficiencies. You’ll also pick up fundamental concepts in organizational behavior and project management. View all courses
What is a minor in college?
A minor is a group of five courses in a select subject area that can add depth to your resume and round out your degree. Pursuing a minor offers you the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in a secondary area of interest outside of your major and concentration.
How does a minor work?
Since you can use elective courses to complete a minor, in some cases you may not have to spend extra time or money on additional courses to complete your degree. Keep in mind that courses used to complete your major can’t be applied toward a minor.
Should you get a minor in college?
Getting a minor can help expand your professional skills. It demonstrates your forward-thinking, self-motivation and organization – all valuable skills in the workplace.
Presents the fundamental concepts of organizational behavior. Emphasizes the human problems and behaviors in organizations and methods of dealing with these problems. Focuses on motivation, informal groups, power and politics, communication, ethics, conflict resolution, employment laws, technology and people, and managing change.
Presents the fundamentals of the project management process and examines application of the process. Reviews the stages and activities in the project life cycle, the organization for project management and various project control and evaluations processes. Introduces considerations for negotiation and human resource management concerns in project management.
Provides the basic principles of operating and managing a small business. Topics include buying, merchandising, pricing, promotions, inventory management, customer service, location decisions, and planning. Reviews strategic planning considerations related to operating a small business.
This course covers the key concepts related to operations management within an organization. Topics include strategic issues related to designing products and delivery services, making capacity and location decisions, and operating processes and control systems.
Being an effective communicator is an essential skill for any profession. In this course, you will learn the secrets to writing, listening, and speaking with credibility in order to share your voice with the world.
Provides a foundation in today's business operations with a focus on the major functions of a business (management, production, marketing, finance and accounting, human resource management, and various support functions). The course also provides an overview of business organizations and the competitive business environment, strategic planning, international business, ethical considerations, quality assurance and more.
What can you do with a BBA in Management?
Your education can help you pursue your professional and personal goals. While Strayer cannot guarantee that a graduate will secure any specific career outcome, such as a job title, promotion or salary increase, we encourage you to explore the potential impact you can have in the management field.
Versatile skills for your future
The Management concentration will support students with developing the fundamental skills of management. Students will learn how to determine and set the tone for organizational behaviors, management of human capital, projects and operations. Students will be acquainted with skills related to small, medium and large organizations.
In addition, students who complete this concentration will be prepared to:
- Collaborate with board members, organization officials and staff to develop department policies, goals and procedures.
- Coordinate sales promotions with other department managers.
- Create schedules for employees and assign them specific tasks.
- Create strategies behind advertising campaigns or sales promotions to market products.
- Design store layouts and displays.
- Determine prices for goods or services based on customer demand trends.
- Help customers, take inventory and perform other sales floor tasks.
- Manage business activities and departments related to the production, sale and distribution of products.
- Manage financial or budget-related tasks to fund operations and improve efficiency.
- Manage sustainability programs around recycling, waste management and other environmental issues.
- Monitor suppliers to make sure they deliver goods or services efficiently and within budget.
- Perform employee-related tasks like hiring, training and performance assessment.
- Review financial statements, sales reports and other performance data to evaluate productivity.
Bachelor of Business Administration admission requirements
Before you can pursue your bachelor’s degree, you have to enroll at Strayer. Here’s what you need to get started for admission to the university.
Learn more about the admission process at Strayer. Students applying to Washington, D.C., or New Jersey campuses must provide proof of proper immunization.
Transferring to Strayer from another university?
Some or all of the credits you’ve earned may be transferable.
International bachelor's students
We welcome international students.