Master of Business Administration Cybersecurity Management
Pursue a leadership role in cybersecurity
Digital data drives nearly all of today’s business, whether in the form of retail sales, publishing or communication. This concentration can help provide the knowledge you need to prepare for a leadership role in the cybersecurity field.
- Program details
- Cost & savings
- Career exploration
Cybersecurity management program details
This program covers the latest concepts in cybersecurity. You’ll learn to develop information technology strategies and mitigate the risk of cybercrimes to improve quality, timeliness and competitive advantage for organizations.
Increase your cybersecurity expertise
- Develop knowledge about current and emerging theories in security management. Topics include the policies, guidance, technologies and organizational concerns that security managers must address in leading and providing secure computing environments.
- Examine the strategic use and trends of organizational information systems with emphasis on the application of information technology.
- Learn how to assess and manage risk based on defining an acceptable level of risk for information systems, elements of a business impact analysis, business continuity plan and disaster recovery planning.
- Examine the threats, crimes and other abuses that are present in the cyber realm.
Class size varies based on course objectives and the teaching demands of the subject matter. In general, Strayer University aims to keep the student-to-instructor ratio low.
How long does it take to get an MBA in Cybersecurity Management?
- There are 12 11-week courses in this program.
- How many courses you take at a time will determine how long the overall program will be.
- Strayer University credits are expressed in quarter hours.
- One quarter hour of credit is granted for the successful completion of 10 contact hours per course.
- The standard requirement for one course is for students to spend 10 to 14 hours in weekly work, including in- and out-of-classroom work. The Strayer course design uses this requirement to meet applicable regulatory standards.
Estimate the cost of your degree
How much does an MBA in Cybersecurity Management cost?
Estimate the cost of your degree
How much does an MBA in Cybersecurity Management cost?
*Student is required to take two courses per quarter during disbursement period
PREPARING YOUR RESULTS
Calculate the approximate time commitment of your degree.
|Terms per year
|Terms to graduation
Calculate the approximate cost of your degree
|No-cost gen ed
Program cost breakdown
This MBA program consists of 12 courses, with the price of $2,985 per course. There are additional fees for textbooks and supplies, a $65 technology fee each term and a one-time $150 degree conferral fee.
Courses from another institution may be eligible for transfer credits to Strayer, which can help reduce the number of courses you need to graduate and your overall tuition. You can transfer up to four classes toward your master’s degree. The Strayer transfer credit page has more information as well as a tool to estimate how many transfer credits you may be able to apply to your Strayer degree program.
Students enrolled in the Master of Business Administration in North Carolina or Pennsylvania may transfer up to four classes
Scholarships and financial aid
There are a number of financial aid options worth exploring on our financial aid page. To apply for federal aid, prospective students should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Stafford loans are available for graduate study. These are direct unsubsidized loans, not based on financial need. Unlike subsidized loans, Stafford loan interest will accrue while in the program. Making interest payments while in school will help reduce the amount of principal that would otherwise build up, reducing your end cost.
There are also scholarships and private loans available for Strayer students.
More than 500 organizations – including corporations and community colleges – invest in their employees by partnering with Strayer University to offer access to discounted education programs. If your employer is a Corporate Alliance Partner, you may qualify for programs that can help you discover career pathways in your field.
Non-federal loans may pay the difference between the cost of attendance and the total of loans and grants received from other tuition assistance programs. The terms and conditions of federal loans are often more favorable than private loans and should be considered before exploring private loans.
Military tuition assistance
Scholarships are offered to eligible students currently serving in the military, as well as military spouses. Strayer is also approved by Veterans Affairs to accept and process veteran education benefits. Learn more about the Strayer University active military assistance program here.
In addition to participating fully in the Yellow Ribbon Program, Strayer is approved by Veterans Affairs to accept and process veteran education benefits. Student veterans can receive transfer credit for military training and life experiences.
Prepare to lead cybersecurity teams
Through your coursework, you’ll learn how threats and vulnerabilities affect information systems and develop a thorough understanding of security architecture and cryptography. View all courses.
All MBA students take a set list of required courses. The remaining credits come from their choice of concentration
Required MBA courses
Analyzes the interaction of individual, group, and organizational dynamics that influence human behavior in organizations and determine appropriate management approaches to foster a productive work environment. Examines a variety of theories, models and strategies used to understand motivation and individual behavior, decision making, the dynamics of groups, work teams, communication, leadership, power and politics, conflict resolution, work design, organizational structure and culture, and managing change. Provides a conceptual base for managers to interpret, assess and influence human behavior in an organization.
The ability to communicate with clarity, confidence, persuasion and passion is an increasingly vital skill in business. This course focuses on tailoring your communication style to your audience. You will learn about communication strategies, effective business writing, and improving interpersonal communications and understand why communication is one of the most important skills in business.
Examines the strategic management process and implementation of successful business strategies in the highly competitive and dynamic global environment. Analyzes the impact of technology, government policy, and world economic and political forces on strategy formulation and execution. Analytic, integrative, and decision-making skills will be exercised through the use of case analysis and decision-making that will involve the core business functions, leadership challenges and global operations. A grade of B or higher is required for satisfactory course completion. Course residency requirement: This course must be taken as last or next-to-last class; it is not eligible for transfer credit and must be taken at Strayer University.
This course explores how business leaders can apply statistical and performance data to improve business process and performance. The concepts presented in this course relate to gathering and evaluating data within a business environment, using statistical tools and techniques, and formalizing conclusions based on the data to make better informed business decisions.
Introduces the concepts of finance. Reviews the basic tools and their use for making financial decisions. Explains how to measure and compare risks across investment opportunities. Analyzes how a firm chooses the set of securities it will issue to raise capital from investors as well as how the firm’s capital structure is formed. Examines how the choice of capital structure affects the value of the firm. Presents valuation and integrates risk, return and the firm’s choice of capital structure. PREREQUISITE: ACC 556 or ACC 557
Examines and evaluates the legal environment and ethical challenges of management and organizations. Reviews approaches to enhance corporate accountability, foster an ethical work environment, ensure legal compliance and provide effective leadership in an organization. Analyzes the impact of management decisions, corporate governance and the leader’s individual conduct on a firm’s ability to meet its obligations to stakeholders. Evaluates alternative courses of action from an economic, legal and ethical perspective to ensure management meets corporate responsibilities to create wealth, obey the law and observe society’s ethical standards. Examines the key elements of effective corporate governance, the predominate schools of ethical thought in relation to strategic management and the ethical consideration for global operations.
Applies the major elements of the marketing process, including domestic and foreign market assessment, strategic planning and the development of an effective marketing mix (product, price, promotion and distribution) to create customer value. Analyzes key marketing concepts, such as consumer/business buying behavior, market research, brand management, product development, pricing strategies and the design of marketing channels (promotion and distribution). Examines the integration of marketing with other functions in a business organization.
What can you do with an MBA in Cybersecurity Management degree?
Your education can help you pursue your professional and personal goals. While Strayer cannot guarantee that a graduate will secure any specific career outcome, such as a job title, promotion or salary increase, we encourage you to explore the potential impact you can have in the cybersecurity field.
Versatile skills for your future
The cybersecurity management concentration applies current and emerging security management best practices to protect computing environments and reduce risk to organizations. Concepts reviewed include theories of security management, IT risk management and Cybercrime Techniques and Response. Students will be able to develop information technology strategies to improve quality, timeliness and competitive advantage for organizations.
In addition, students who complete this concentration will be prepared to:
- Control computer file access to protect information and monitor how data files are used.
- Create strategies to protect computer files from accidental or unauthorized access, changes or destruction.
- Discuss computer data access needs, security breaches and programming changes with users.
- Encrypt data transmissions and set up firewalls to hide confidential information while it’s being sent and prevent harmful digital transfers.
- Evaluate potential risks and perform data processing system tests to ensure data processing activities and security measures are working properly.
- Keep and manage special communication and support systems needed for specific land, sea and underwater operations.
- Make changes to computer security files to include new software, fix mistakes or adjust access permissions.
- Manage virus protection system updates and monitor computer virus reports.
- Monitor computer security procedure violations and review the procedures with those who violated them to prevent future incidents.
- Raise awareness about security and train staff to keep the IT system safe and enhance server and network efficiency.
- Record policies, procedures and tests related to computer security and emergency measures.
- Take the Systems Security Certified Practitioner exam.
- Work with company staff and external vendors to organize the implementation of computer system plans.
Master of Business Administration admission requirements
Before you can pursue your master’s degree, you’ll need to enroll at Strayer. Here’s what you’ll need to get started for admission to the university.
Learn more about the admissions process at Strayer.
Students applying to Washington, D.C., or New Jersey campuses must provide proof of proper immunization.
Transferring to Strayer from another university?
Some or all of the credits you’ve earned may be transferable.
International MBA students
We welcome international students.