Other Online Courses
Credit Towards Your Strayer Degree
COURSES OFFERING ALTERNATIVE FORMS OF EARNING CREDIT
Earn your degree faster by supplementing your Strayer University courses with online courses from Propero or Straighterline. Some courses offered by these online educators have been judged by Strayer to satisfy the requirements of equivalent Strayer courses, allowing you to earn credits for those classes. See which Strayer Classes here. This offers you the opportunity to earn your credits faster, and to save on tuition as well. You must pass Propero and Straighterline classes with a score of 70 or greater to earn Strayer Credits.
Both online learning firms have followed Strayer’s lead by offering strong personal support for their courses created to be taken online at any time. We strongly urge you to contact your Strayer personal Success Coach if considering this option.
Straighterline, while also online, self-paced, and with adviser support available, is built on a slightly different payment model. Rather than paying by the course, you pay a single membership fee for a specified period. The fee includes up to 10 hours of tutoring in any subject; some students can complete a course in as little as a week. Ask your personal Success Coach about the Strayer University scholarship especially for StraighterLine students.
Find out more information on Straigherline courses here. Straighterline is offering Strayer students two free lessons before you sign up for a membership. Upon course completion, the student can request their transcript to be sent directly to Strayer University's Registrar Office. Again, talk to your personal Success Coach.
Propero®, a service of Pearson Learning Solutions, provides high quality self-paced online courses for college credit. There are over 35 online undergraduate courses in the Propero library, covering business, criminal justice, and general education, that match up to Strayer courses. Students must pass with a 70% or greater score in order to receive college credit.
To maximize your chance for success, each course has the following:
- Anytime, anywhere access – no class schedules.
- Courses available on laptops, tablets and other mobile devices.
- Interactive lessons, downloadable audio podcasts, eBooks and assessments.
- An ecosystem of academic advising, on-demand tutoring and learner-centric study tools.
Propero fee is $269.00 per course. Pay online at the Pearson store.
Additional Propero resources:
- Review this document to determine if online learning using Propero is right for you.
- Use the Course Search feature below to find Propero courses that Strayer accepts. Click on the course name for more details.
- Find out more about how Propero works.
- Review Frequently Asked Questions about Propero courses.
- Review this comprehensive step-by-step guide.
4 Easy Steps to Take a Propero Exam
- Review the Propero Policy
- Find a course to take and confirm eligibility with your Success Coach
- Find and pay for your course
- Wait for email, create an account, and begin your self-paced course
Students that successfully complete a Propero course with a score of 70% or greater should order a transcript from ACE can have the transcript sent directly to Strayer. You will pay a one-time $40 registration fee to use the ACE Credit Transfer service. That fee includes one transcript. Additional transcripts cost $15 each. For more information on costs, contact ACE toll-free at 1-866-205-6267.