Considering private educational loans
this may take a few seconds...
Another avenue for funding
Private educational loans are provided by outside, non-federal lenders to pay the difference between the cost of attendance and the total of loans and grants received under federal financial aid programs or other tuition assistance programs.
The lender determines your eligibility, the terms and conditions, and the amount of these credit-based funds, but private educational loans may not exceed the cost of education minus other aid. The Federal Government does not subsidize or guarantee private loans.
About private loans
Don't overlook Federal Financial Aid
Private education loan self-certifications information
Private education loan applicants requesting the Self-Certification Form can find it here.
To complete Section 2 of the Self-Certification Form:
- From your iCampus account, select “Account Dashboard” from the “Financial Aid & Support” section.
- Select “My Financial Aid” then “My Plan.”
- To get your cost of attendance (Item A), total the direct costs and estimated indirect costs associated with the period(s) of enrollment for the Private Education Loan you have applied for.
- To get your estimated financial assistance (Item B), use the combined “Total Financial Aid” amount(s) associated with the period(s) of enrollment for the Private Education Loan you have applied for.
- Subtract Item B from Item A to get your remaining need (Item C).
If you have any questions, please contact us at 877-242-4430 or FAST@strayer.edu.